Yes it’s another New Year with plenty of New Year’s resolutions and nearly everyone has a goal to be fitter and healthier. We all know that exercise has many benefits but putting weight loss aside for a minute, exercise is fantastic for your overall wellbeing.
How you feel is just as, if not more important than how you look. Making exercise a part of your life really improves your overall quality of life, more specifically the following which ultimately contributes to your overall wellbeing.
1. Exercise increases your mental clarity and increases productivity – it is a well-known researched factor that employees who exercise are more productive and have more energy than those who don’t. Keeping physically fit helps you stay mentally sharp as when you exercise you are training your brain as well as your body.
2. Quality sleep – exercise is one of the most effective natural remedies you can engage in to help you sleep better. It allows you to operate on a cycle of work, rest and play, using up any excess energy and ultimately helping you have a better night’s sleep.
3. Reduced stress and anxiety – we all know that exercise releases endorphins which create feelings of happiness which helps revitalise the mind and keeps you positive.
4. Increased self-confidence – It’s inevitable that once you start exercising you feel better about yourself. Regardless of where you’re at when you started, exercise increases self-esteem and provides you with a more positive self-image.
5. Controls the Cravings – It’s true that the more you move, the less you crave and your body certainly doesn’t crave sugar or junk food. Exercise prompts the body to release dopamine which means you much less likely to crave sugary foods. This way you can definitely better manage what you consume.